HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What is Brand Bashing?
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 04:54 AM
IAhuntr
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by hunters_life
As I stated earlier, my problem with CVA stems mainly from theft. Plain and simple. Every single design they have was stolen. CVA hasn't had an original concept since their beginnings. This is a completely provable fact that cannot be denied. I have a problem with foreign companies stealing concepts from American companies then producing cheaply made knockoffs flooding the market. I have an even bigger problem when Americans stand behind them and shill for them. And by the way, do a little research before you jump and you will find the reason Dikar/BPI purchased Bergara. The lawsuits were starting to put a hurt on their bottom line so they had to start putting out better barrels. And they still aren't inspected and proofed to anywhere near US standards.
Your "buy American" cause is noble, but impractical. Keep in mind corporations like BPI employ plenty of folks here in the U.S. as well.

Consider every front-wheel drive American car being made today is based on a design "stolen" from Japanese manufacturers back in the 80's. Are you only going to drive a Toyota or Honda? The road you're walking is a two-way street.

The list of "stolen" designs applies to virtually every product made today, and those ideas aren't actually stolen once the patent on them runs out. Binoculars, bows, tree stands, bullets, hunting boots, range finders? Any of these fall under your clause?

How about we check your house out? Cell phones, TV's, computers, tools, light bulbs, lawnmowers, tires, beer, chewing gum...etc. etc.. Are you only going to purchase and use the original design/brand?

Welcome to the 21st century.