HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Knight Quality, Warranty, & Service?????
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2017, 08:55 AM
Gm54-120
Giant Nontypical

Knight has only used 3 triggers and they all had associations with Timney. Tom Vehr worked for Timney for many years. Ive seen 2 fully adjustable. One with a wide trigger and one the same as the standard trigger. I bought a wide shoe (Target model) directly from Knight back when the new owners first took over. IIRC i didnt pay over $100 for it and its one dam fine trigger.

1)Timney (MK85 and maybe a few others)
2)In house made by Tom Vehr starting in 1995
3)Vehr Manufacturing/Velocity Trigger (also Tom Vehr)
4)And now Timney again but ONLY available in new rifle from Knight. As far as i know you can NOT buy a new Timney by itself for the next couple years or more.

Tom spent 14 years at Timney Triggers running all aspects of production including design, set-up, tooling, testing, and scheduling.
In 1995 Knight Rifles hired Tom to direct their trigger manufacturing. Over the course of 13 years at Knight Rifles, Tom produced close to 500,000 trigger assemblies as well as other parts.
In 2008 Tom started Vehr Manufacturing, parent company to Velocity Triggers. Vehr Manufacturing continues to produce triggers for Knight Rifles along with doing other job shop work.

Last edited by Gm54-120; 12-26-2017 at 09:09 AM.