HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - how big of a group would you settle for?
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2017, 07:04 AM
ctom
Spike

I know a couple people who couldn't create a good group with a shotgun let alone a gun with a decent load, even scoped. Sometimes its not the gun at all but rather, the person shooting it. All of my guns have to be scoped, even the pistols, for me to get my 1" 5 shot groups at 100 yards but I don't spend time shooting over the 100 yard mark. I'm happy where I am at. I love hitting the range with a couple blackpowder guns in tow to mark up a target. It keeps me in touch with the guns. It keeps me in touch with my shooting style....I stay practiced. Lots of people shoot way better than I, yet I shoot way better than some others. I find that I am happy with what I can do and I don't compare myself to anyone. I also believe that I should always seek to improve myself. Guns have a finite limit. The shooter has a limitless amount of wiggle room. I'll spend a lifetime seeking to improve and money is not the object.