HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Knight Quality, Warranty, & Service?????
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2017, 06:01 PM
d.winsor
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by sabotloader
Knight has never used a Remington 3 screw trigger. in fact a
Remington trigger will not work in a Knight.

I think they removed the original Knight 3 screw trigger and replaced it with a new Timney trigger.
These are the old Knight triggers

The trigger on the right is probably the trigger you had...

If this is the trigger you now have it is a much better trigger than the older copies of the Timney

If you have the new red trigger in your rifle Knight did you a favor... it is a much better trigger than the original. It is also a 3 screw trigger. 2 of the screws a vary obvious - one on the back and one on the front. The third screw is on the front also above the first screw. If you look close you will see a very small hole that a small Allen wrench inserts in to - to adjust 'over travel' which rarely needs adjusting.

To bad you are having these problem - it is really not the norm... And you are aware if you do not put the bolt back together correctly with have point not set in the detent you will not be able to close the bolt.
The triggers that you said were the old ones is the trigger that they installed in my gun. The trigger they took off as per your post Mon Aug 27, 2012 you called it a Remington Walker trigger. Thread titled "Adjusting Mountaineer Trigger" I saved it for reference if I had to adjust my trigger. But trigger pull was 3 lb and so good that I was not going to fool with it. I did not buy the Mountaineer from Knight, I bought it from Sportsman Warehouse, truthfully I think I got an older gun, On the new barrel the specifications Concerning the breech plug and the barrel threads and the area around it were much tighter. I was using a 3/8" Deepwell to install and remove the breech plug in the old barrel. I Had to go to a 1/4" deepwell so my socket wouldn't be shoved off the breech plug as I installed it.

Yes I am aware that the detent has to be in the right place, thanks. One problem I am having now is after the bolt is taken out of battery, most of the time you can't pull it back to remove the spent primer and install a new primer. The fired primer is not stuck in the breech plug or the bolt face either. The bolt will move back and then locks up, it takes a lot of effort and the little bolt release on the side that allows you to take the bolt out, takes a beating when the bolt comes back.

One other note: Knight didn't do me any favors regardless of what type of trigger Assembly they replaced mine with, as the trigger was not functional and dangerous in my opinion. That is why I bought a trigger Assembly from Numrich. Also The trigger assembly I bought looked exactly like the ones that you said were the old ones.

I did not buy the barrel from Numrich, I called Knight and asked them if their barrel kits they sell were from current production run barrels, they said yes. It killed me to do it, but I didn't want to chance getting an old "New" barrel. I bought the new barrel from Knight!! Go Figure.

Last edited by d.winsor; 12-22-2017 at 06:13 PM.