HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 275 grain bloodline bullets
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2017, 04:28 PM
zmason1002
Spike

Originally Posted by sabotloader
The problem you have is the 275 is a .458 bullet and there is only one 458 sabot made. The one you were using is a MMP.

The way the bloodline works - is very devastating to the organs in the chest cavity and even the spinal cord. Had you opened your harvest you would have seen the damage.

The bullet is ,458 going in and .458 going out. But if you could see the core of the bullet after the petals separated the leading edge would have been very sharp and the concave cup at the bottom of the petals creates a heck of a lot of hydrostatic shock as the core of the bullet passes through.

Really should have had a heck of a blood trail ifn the animal was able to move away. Probably had a pretty decent blood pool at the harvest site.
I gutted it but was in a hurry I had an hour to get her and get her hung and didn't pay a whole lot of attention to it. I honestly think I left the heart and lungs in. I wasn't sure how that bullet was supposed to perform. She went 20 yards and dropped dead and blew a lot of blood out of her mouth.

I'll use these bullets up and then switch. Which bullets should I go with??