HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ruger 556 MPR: Thoughts?
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 10:34 AM
hunters_life
Typical Buck

Younggun308, I have a few AR's as well as the ones the old man left me. Pretty much the best one out of all 8 is the one he built in .338fed. It's even a better shooter than my Wilson Combat. I'm not exactly sure where he got all the parts but I know the barrel was from Black Hole Weaponry and I believe the receiver and bcg was from Aero Precision. That build was probably twice what you are looking to spend but I think the person on here you would want to throw a PM to would be nomercy. He helped the old man on several decision points and would probably have a ton of information and ideas where you could proceed with a really nice build for a quality rifle that could more than likely come in close to your price point without sacrificing quality. The problem with quite a few of these cheap AR's on the market today is quality. They are okay but they aren't performance machines to say the least. As far as AR triggers go, they are in a whole different world when it comes to feel than typical rifle triggers. They take some getting used to. Even the high quality Timney triggers just have a different feel. If you are used to target triggers with crisp clean feels then no matter how good the AR trigger is, it will feel like crap.