HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What would your ideal African safari be?
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 02:53 AM
Daveboone
Fork Horn

My wife and I have decided we want to go to Africa...We have never taken a big trip away, and it would be a once in a life time.
Our means are pretty modest, and we don't have a big home so we are only interested in a limited bag.
Due to political/ personal safety reasons, ease of access, we are looking at South Africa, probably flying into Johannesburg, no connecting flights. I am only looking for probably four trophies...Zebra, Kudu, an impala and maybe a warthog. My wife is a non hunter, but would like to accompany us at least part of the time. We want to probably add several days on after the hunt for us together for wildlife viewing, visiting the Addo elephant refuge, and there are several big cat sanctuaries/ rehab facilities in the area that would be fascinating. We have no interest in city life, but would love to visit a real street market (not an urban flea market)...
We are going to Harrisburg for the big sports show just to talk with folks and get a real feel for what is out there, probably planning at least 3 years down the road.