HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - what is the right size to mount a deer
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2017, 12:55 PM
Berserker
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BowHunterFett
My honest opiion is any buck you shoot SHOULD be a mounter. If you shoot it mount it, if it isn't worth $400.00, don't shoot it. That is what alot of the hunters in my area practice. On the propery I hunt, if you shoot a buck and don't get it munted, you pay the land owner $400.00, or give him your gun or bow. It seams to have helped, even though I have only shot 1 buck, I have passed on alot of small bucks, and noticed larger deer that just didn't come close enough.
As for your deer, it is a grat buck. Get it mounted, you will kick yourself later if you do not.
This sounds like a drinking wives tale urban legend boogeyman man.

I would not associate with someone who asked for my weapon,or person that gave it up. He would get the buttstock to the head.

I can see fun bet, award, has to buy bottle of booze.

Lucky in this part of country lots of land to hunt. You don't have to humileate yourself.

I pass on deer at my camp, but no rules. Nor any I have hunted.

I know some all they want is one mounter. Then whatever.
Also I don't believe everyone needs to be mounted. Money and wall space. Plus we like to eat deer. I put the skulls up, but probably not up to your standards.

I debated mounting this 8. I decided I am still chasing the big one. Plus in 30s, and not in freezer. I wasn't sure if it would be good. Skull soup.