HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Got a Weaver #301 mount for my 41 Magnum
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2017, 07:23 PM
TN Lone Wolf
Typical Buck

Default Got a Weaver #301 mount for my 41 Magnum

After writing off the Weigand mount and Vortex Viper, I decided to try one more thing on my 41 Magnum Blackhawk to hopefully get it ready for this season. When I was reading a thread discussing Blackhawk no-drill mounts that introduced me to the Weigand, there was another mount discussed. This one was a Weaver #301, which is long enough that it can clamp onto the barrel in addition to being mounted using the rear sight hole. This seems to be my last option to mount a scope without having to drill and tap the frame, so I put an order for one last week. It arrived in the mail today, and I wasted no time mounting it and my old Nikon 2x scope:

That thick scope looks quite out of place on the gun, but it seems like it'll work. It seemed to hold pretty tightly, but the real test will come when I shoot it this weekend.

With the scope mounted, I needed to modify the holster I have for it. Although I was afraid it would unravel as soon as I began to cut a thick strip out of the top, it thankfully stayed intact. I cut two strips of nylon to affix over the exposed foam.

It works pretty well: