HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - BIG Power Line Right of Way
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2017, 05:43 PM
Mountain_Hunter
Spike

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
I, or someone in my group, hunts a very large powerline every year. We typically take 3-5 deer from that stand every year. It's nearly 150 yards wide and over 700 yards long across the property we have access to. It's very thick, and very productive.

Before buying I would, obviously, walk the property. But I believe you will see lots of deer sign on that right of way.

BE CAREFUL where you build/hang stands. The company will clear it every few years either chemically, or by cutting it. On ours they bring a helicopter in with a huge saw that cuts overhanging limbs. You wouldn't want to be in a stand on the edge when the helicopter shows up.

-Jake

I did ride the property line with the owner and was looking for deer signs the entire time, but also trying to make sure I was listening to him about the property line and stuff.

I did see one spot in the power line ROW where it looked like a lot of deer might have been crossing. Seems like a logical place for them to cross by just looking at the terrain too.

This is all very interesting to me. I've never experienced anything like this before lol. I've only hunted mountainous hardwoods. I'm loving what I am hearing from everyone so far.

I guess my ONLY concern at this point is the chemicals being sprayed every few years. If I can keep them from spraying chemicals then I have to say that I'm loving the power line ROW idea.