HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - BIG Power Line Right of Way
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2017, 07:32 AM
Mountain_Hunter
Spike

Default BIG Power Line Right of Way

I need some advice guys.

I've been looking at some land for a while now. It's 119 acres in Eastern Ky. I was super excited about the place after looking on the map.

Well yesterday we go look at the house/land. Come to find out, I was way off on what the property lines are. 30 acres on one side of a "road" and 89 across the "road." The road is really just a gravel driveway that goes to the one house who is further up the holler.

Right through the middle of that 89 acres across the road is a HUGE power line right of way. This isn't the little power lines, this is the big massive ones. Probably close to 100 yards wide, you can hear the electrical stuff popping off of the lines above your head kind of thing.

Will this power line hurt/effect the deer? I've found a lot of stuff where people hunt power lines but when I look further I realize its really just smaller right of ways. I haven't found anyone hunting on the big ones like this.

This is a HUGE concern for me and a potential deal breaker.

Also important to note that other than the roughly 11 acres of power lines cut out, the rest of the 78 acres is mature hard woods that need to be timbered.

Any and all advice would be appreciated.