HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Strategy Change??
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 08:37 PM
rockport
Nontypical Buck

I do have a buddy that just runs and crashes through the woods to his stand. I think he is crazy but he is quite a successful hunter.

Thats a unique situation to me where you have regular interaction between people and deer but they still seem to always have a knack for knowing the difference between dangerous and not.

Personally I'd hunt it like I'd hunt any other property(make sure I avoid deer upon entry) but you would probably know more than me as Ive never really hunted that kind of property but I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents anyway sense you weren't getting much response so thats my advice for what its worth. Just hunt them like deer that don't often encounter people because somehow they obviously know the difference.

I do mushroom hunt a state college campus(no deer hunting) and the deer act the same way there. Sometimes they it seems they couldn't care less and other times they care a lot. If I could hunt deer there I would assume the deer cared.

Or you could try my buddies approach and break your leg running through the woods in the dark and have to explain to people what you were doing out there running through the woods in the dark.

Last edited by rockport; 10-16-2017 at 08:44 PM.