HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Where should I buy?
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2017, 07:28 PM
Cpd5899
Spike

Originally Posted by Berserker
Its about money and how far you want to drive.

I believe souther areas of UP are still issueing doe tags. Though shooting does with bow has been suspended.

UP is a longer drive, which is a factor for most.

40 arces is plenty, if right spot. I have 40, bordered by national forest. I do some casual hunting at my house with only 5 acres. But houses are far away, and neighbors are not hunting, right on border. Which could change.

But much of UP is snowbelt, and not great deer country. Much of northern WI can be tought too. Farm country has more deer.

Is there an area you have spent time at and like?
I haven't spent any time there... My wifes grandmother loved in Marquette. I've looked around and like Houghton/Baraga and Menominee (which has tags but no land for sale...)

As far as WI... depending on where is it, it could be almost the same drive as southern Marquette.

I'll be honest, I want somewhere where I can get away from Chicago, relax and let my Boyd ride dirt bikes and play, and then come time, hunt and eat some deer... I know by looking at the forecasts and what not, the place for that is the lower third of WI... and with that, come twice the price as the UP... was just hoping for some optimism.... LOL