HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Going Back
Thread: Going Back
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2017, 05:18 AM
alleyyooper
Nontypical Buck

Talking

I have a 30 gun safe that is nearly full of rifles and shot guns.
I hunt deer in several places so use a shot gun and a rifle for that. spend a lot of time hunting squirrels because it is a long season. I mainly use a 22 hornet for that but some times take my 220 swift, both with reduced loads per a speer reloading manual.

I hunt coyotes all year long main rifle is my 220 swift and my 243, yes I sell the hides.

Use the shot guns for bird hunting mostly partridge in northern Michigan. Some phesant hiunting in Central Michigan. A lot of sporting clays are shot during the off months and when a buddy otg two want to go.

I do have a pair of 243's I owned a Remington 700 BDL, inherited my dads Rugar 77, I can't part with any more than I can my own Remington.

I also have a pair of 7MM08's, wife over heard me talking to a deer hinting partner I was wanting a 7MM08 for deer hinting at my deer camp in the UP. What she didn't hear was I wanted a Remington model 7 in 7MM08. She boughjt me a Remington 700 mountian rifle so no way that gets sold as she got it for me. I later got my little model 7 for the thick cedar swamps I hunt in the UP. Used to use a Model 94 Winchester 30-30 there but my eyes got old and I couldn't shoot the iron sights so auto good. Found a Winchester 94 32 Special with a peep sight and that worked great for many years, but I decided i wanted a scope.

I have 4 muzzle loaders Form a old style Hawkins, a new model caplock with scope mounts and a Parir of Remington 700's a 50 and a 54 cal.

Plus I just like some guns, don't believe you can havew to many either.

Al