HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Entering Canada
Thread: Entering Canada
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2017, 05:24 AM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by the blur
Not to sound silly, but if you're a USA citizen, they must let you back in. Maybe in hand cuffs, but they must take you back at the boarder.
I forget exact details, wasn't a super close friend
but I think what they got him for was illegal entry into Canada, and as such, the Canadian side refused to let him pass to get into the USA, and then once he got passed that part, he had some other issue getting past the USA border crossing as well

we ended up leaving him there, and he worked things out with a lawyer and a bunch of cash to settle things

GOING back a LOT farther in time, I can recall a time when in the 80's we used to cross the border really easy or the likes, compared to today., and buddy's girlfriend came with us one time, to go Drink, as drinking age was younger in Canada
and we crossed and got into canada NO problems

then coming back, we had another issue with his girlfriend getting back into the USA< as she didn;'t have any ID

Back then they never even asked for ID to leave usa or enter Canada, but when we tried to come back into the USA< that was a BIG deal
they pulled us aside, searched my truck, held us there for a few hours while they ran all her info, based on her giving them info, they even called her parents in the USA , made her fill out a boat load of forms, stating she was indeed a USA citizen, and then we were finally able to get back into the USA
but this again was a LONG time ago LOL

and her own darn fault for NOT having her ID with her??

off topic I guess but a some what funny story ?? as that trip we drove home in a ice storm, the truck was coated with a solid 1/2 inch of ice, and the border folks, again searched the whole truck, had it in a heated garage to melt it first, so when we got it back it was nice and clean and warm !!