HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Party Hunting....thoughts?
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2017, 06:02 PM
Berserker
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by kellyguinn
Granted I mainly hunt public land but I hate the guys that do the drives while I am trying to harvest a deer. It ruins the "normal" hunting for quite a while. Just doing a drive however is not the same as party hunting. I could keep the population of my herd in check with normal still hunting and not checking someone elses deer under my tag.it.
Drive hunts are not that popular around here anymore, that I know of. Not that it doesn't happen.

If guys are doing a drive, I have no problem with the one of the walkers put his tag on the deer. He was part of it.

As far as drives on public land, ya it might suck, depending where you are at. But its public land. Can't control when someone gets up to go to the bathroom or lunch.

Unless deer are scarce, or using it as a way to get trophies, I really don't care what others do.

As for controlling population, that is a matter of opinion. Farmers would like them extinct. Which is why they get crop damage permits and give them out.

So your idea of controlling population, may not be the same. Lots of guys just want bucks. Than you have other guys that call meat eaters slob hunters.

Before my time used to have camp bucks. Could a deer to eat for the camp, wothout using a tag.