HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - rifle recomendations
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2017, 05:41 PM
smitty0538
Spike

hey guys after reading what was posted here and talking to a few guys i have met in recent years that have hunted out west for elk for years now, reading article after article on what elk rifle to buy . So many pros and cons each one has and doesn't have and reviews on guns I made a purchase. I bought a weatherby Vanguard II in 7MM Rem mag 24 inch stainless Barrel and black synthetic stock. Should arrive sometime next week.Now the search for a Scope and ammo to shoot. I have always had great luck with Hornady ammo there SST bullets shot from my 50 cal pro hunter and Remington 1187 12ga special purpose slug gun . My tracking for whitetails is minimal and always one shot kills. Been using those bullets for over 10 years now with no complaints so I think Im gonna try there superformance sst bullet in 162 grain, has good reviews from other elk hunters as well. I have quite a few Nikon scopes and no issues with them as well but not sure yet ,I had a few recommendations to buy the swarofsky Z3 4-12x50 but thats a lot of dough for that bad boy.