HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - rifle recomendations
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 04:44 PM
smitty0538
Spike

this will not be a one time hunt as I plan on doing this until i physically can not. As far as for stainless i also like that look. After reading post here and some internet reading I kind of given up on the idea of a 308. Now leaning towards a 300 win mag or 7mm rem mag. I have never owned either one do you guys feel ammo is readily available at most stores out west or does one have the edge over the other? What about ammo cost between the two? I have not done a lot of rifle shooting compared to slug guns but own an old Remington 30/06 semi auto , Savage 270 win, bolt action and it has failed on me before on a hog hunt. A Thompson center pro hunter in 308 that I got for the muzzle loader part. I am about 6'1 240lbs so I can handle the recoil from the bigger rifles. I have some points building up for mule deer so whatever I get I would like to use for that as well in the next few years when the opportunity comes up to do a mule deer hunt. What about the Remington model 700 ? no one has said anything about them. Are they not as popular out west as the commercials say ?