HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Explain this, .45-70
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2017, 05:25 AM
Oldtimr
Boone & Crockett

Yes I like it, I have killed 8 wild boar with it and four deer. With behind the shoulder shots on deer, in the crease it makes small pieces out of the heart and lungs, basically, the chest cavity is soup. One of the last two hogs I killed a 153 pounder, with the ammo was shot right on the shoulder because I was running out of daylight, I always go for a head or neck shot but since the light was really bad I took the biggest target and went for right behind the shoulder. When I shot, down he went, a few kicks and it was over, the bullet went through, came out and killed a small hog, about 25 lbs standing directly behind it that I could not see. Strange thing was the entry and exit wounds were in exactly the same place on both hogs, the bullet entered at the crease behind the shoulder and exited the shoulder on the other side. Had I been on the ground instead of about 6 feet up in a stand, I would have shot right over the little one. I felt bad about it, but he ate pretty well roasted whole. I think you will like those rounds. Here is the piggy.

Here is the pass through victim.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 09-03-2017 at 06:57 AM.