HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Rokon questions
Thread: Rokon questions
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 12:50 PM
stalkingbear
Nontypical Buck

A lot of people, including me, are kind of put off by the appearance/specs of the Rokon. If they try to use it as a conventional dirt bike, it will fail miserably, BUT if they use it for the purposes it was designed for, it's in a class all it's own. They're not fast, light, or look good compared to regular dirt bikes, they are worth their weight in gold when needed for exactly the purposes you stated, and without peers. I'd LOVE to get 1, and have been wanting 1 ever since my buddy let me use a lot of his stuff while deployed. I was watching everything for him & maintaining all of it or even upgrading/improving his stuff for him in exchange for the use of it. Now I'd do the same for just about anybody serving, and we have such a friendship that he could walk or drive up to my house, and take off with anything I own, and vice versa. To sum it up, the Rokons grow on you after actually trying 1 for it's intended uses-not as a 2 stroke superfast dirt bike, but something that will tackle hills & terrain, all while loaded down so much that it can handle more than some small trucks that a mountain goat would fear to tread!!!!! Yes I'd buy 1 in a heartbeat if I could afford 1, but being on fixed income makes that kind of impossible to save up for. Financing or a lotto win are my only hopes since I'm fresh out of ultra rich ailing uncles, and I'm so broke I'd have to put free cheese on layaway!