HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Mechanicals that fly like field points ?
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 09:27 AM
rockport
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
IMO there is nothing wrong with quality mechanical broadheads. I think the problem comes in when the bow does not have enough KE for its design or the design itself is inferior. I shoot a Mathews Chill @ 63# and shoot 100 gr Rage Hypodermic and have yet NOT to get a pass through. My daughter-in-law shoots my Martin Monster Buck Hunter @ 50# and I have her using Muzzy Phantom 100 gr BHs. She's take 2 nice size doe with complete pass throughs.
Well obviously you know what your doing and I'm sure you will have less problems than most because your likely hitting every deer in a spot where anything would work but I still just don't get it. I mean fixed heads are devastating on deer, Even a liver shot.

Your definitely not wrong about the KE but the bottom line IMO is if you poke a hole through a deers vitals (in one side and out the other) with any broadhead its gonna die and you are going to find it every time. Why risk it?

I guess maybe we all have different experiences that lead us where we are and like I said you obviously know what you are doing but never in my life have I seen a deer shot in the vitals lost because a fixed blade wasn't big enough while I can't count how many Ive seen deer shot in the vitals lost from lack of penetration even with some pretty powerful bows.

Good choice for the daughter.