HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 5. What is better to get, a Hoyt or Mathews bow?
Old 08-30-2017, 05:37 PM
hunters_life
Typical Buck

That's a good one right there Rockport. Took me a second to get the joke. minihunt83, don't listen to BarnesX.308. His wife has obviously clipped him. Tell your wife this and it will more than likely be just fine, "Honey, you shoot what feels right for you to shoot and I will shoot what feels right for me" If she is okay with you spending the outrageous amount Mathews asks for their bows then she should be even more happy to let you spend even less money for what feels best to you. As the others have pointed out, if a bow doesn't feel absolutely perfect to you, then you won't be anywhere near your potential in repeatable accuracy. Archery is a game of feel. You don't fit yourself to a bow, you fit the bow to yourself. Sometimes it can be something as simple as the shape of the grip. Sometimes the shape of your hand will throw the balance of one bow off making it feel top-heavy in your hand while another bow feels absolutely perfect. A lot of little things add up to one big thing.