HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Rokon questions
Thread: Rokon questions
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2017, 06:44 PM
jrpitdog
Spike

Default Rokon questions

So I just finished an elk hunt. Where I hunt is remote, to get to the camp site I have to go over a high mountain pass on my little dirt bike on what is essentially a goat path with steep nasty switch backs. Most of the trail is covered in rocks or exposed roots, it gets very interesting when wet and downright gnarly when packing meat. So my question is to those who have actually used a Rokon for this purpose or have seen one used like this. How good are they at climbing steep nasty switchbacks like this loaded heavy!? I would like to ask that those without firsthand knowledge to please keep the speculation to a minimum. I am not trying to be a jerk but I have been looking for a while and only a two wheeler or my two feet will get me where I want to hunt, and no Im not finding another spot. Its come down to a Rokon or probably a tw200. I really like the idea of no shifting, slow controlled accent and high load capability of the Rokon. The tw would give me a more comfortable ride and the ability to go from road to trail but I would like to get away from shifting and clutch work if I can and tw probably cant carry as much as safely.