HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Indiana rifles
Thread: Indiana rifles
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2017, 01:56 PM
Oldtimr
Boone & Crockett

Actually, I am not so sure they can't. Hunting is a highly regulated activity and when you purchase a license to hunt you are tacitly agreeing to obey the laws of hunting while you are hunting. While it makes no sense to limit how much ammo a person can carry, I have never needed more than one round for one deer, I believe each state can set their own rules. They aren't saying you cannot possess more than 10 rounds in your home or in your vehicle or on the shooting range, but rather you cannot possess more than 10 rounds on your person while you are hunting in a mentored hunt situation. In my state we have a waterfowl management area where people apply for blinds to hunt ducks and geese. You are not allowed to take more than ten shells per person into the blind to hunt waterfowl. Many people have been prosecuted for leaving the blind and bringing more shells back into the blind after they ran out of shells and those prosecutions all held up in court. Hunting is voluntary, if you want to exercise the privilege to hunt, you must obey the rules.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 08-02-2017 at 02:40 PM.