HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Tent heater
Thread: Tent heater
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2017, 12:02 PM
Topgun 3006
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bronko22000
I'm not sure I'd want to have a heater that I plug into my 12V power supply. Running a heater all night off your vehicle battery and then finding out you don't have enough juice to start your vehicle in the middle of nowhere is not my idea of fun.
Also your concern about a propane heater is very real. Campers die from heaters improperly vented every year. But there are a couple that are OK. This is the one I would use if I were going to tent camp. https://www.walmart.com/reviews/product/5712813
But I would also make sure I had my window flaps open a bit to let fresh air inside.
The problem with that MR Heater is that it's designed to sit on a solid surface and his tent is up in the back of his truck such that he isn't going to have enough room to safely have that right beside him. Also, that heater even on it's lowest setting would run him out of that small space in less than 5 minutes. IMHO his only choice is to get a small electric heater that he can hang above himself so he won't be turning or rolling over into it during the night. If I went that route, I'd plug it into a small generator that can be put out a little distance from the truck so it can't even be heard.