HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Leupold CDS for 444
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2017, 04:15 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

I fully agree, that he most likely has the wrong base for the gun, I gave the advice of shims as a ??? so so way to correct, but I wouldn;t do it myself
but it is what what was done to many long range guns back yrs before they made special based with MOA built into them for long range work, so it can be done and done well, but in todays world there is no real need to be shimming anything!

I had a gun shop for many many yrs and installed countless scopes, so do have some honest background here

and again, IF the OP wants a CDS capable scope, its his decision, there is IMO again NOTHING wrong with having a scope you want on ANY rifle, its YOUR rifle, set it up as you like, you cannot make someone want what you like or feel is best.
YES 99 % of lever guns in this caliber will; have a lower power scope and owners will be fine, but to those that want larger, there is also nothing wrong with it, proper base and rings and there is NO issue with zero on them or elevation , its the same as any rifle then with correct set up

I have 20+ power scopes on some .22's due to serious shooting matches between friends in the past, is there a real reason to NEED a 20+ power scope on a .22 NO
but doesn't make me bad or wrong for having a gun set up as I wish, the same as the OP here??
Come on guys, no need to try to make someone do as you feel is better?