HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bushnell Trophy Cam HD No-Glow Aggressor (119877) Issues
Old 07-13-2017, 03:41 AM
Keefyjet
Spike

Default Bushnell Trophy Cam HD No-Glow Aggressor (119877) Issues

I've set the camera for still images only ...

The Capture Number is set to 3 but it captures only 2 per trigger (Image Size: High & Interval: 2S). It was capturing 3 per trigger when the Image Size was set to HD but since changing it to High it initially captured only 1 per trigger, then (after using Default Set then resetting) only 2 per trigger. The batteries are fresh and showing a full charge. I've also re-formatted the memory card but the issue persists.

The file metadata always gives the exposure time as 1 sec, the F-stop as 2.8 and the ISO speed as ISO-50 - is this normal? I'd expect at least one of these figures to vary according to the prevailing lighting conditions at the time of exposure. 1 second exposure time seems somewhat slow - no wonder animals tend to show as rather blurred, even in good lighting conditions! There also looks to be little or no improvement in image quality when 'upgrading' from the HD to the High setting - although the High file size is greater, as to be expected.

The Night Vision Shutter doesn't work very well; it's set to Auto but still gives a mixture of over and under-exposed images. Anyone know at what point (i.e. light value) the camera switches to Night Vision mode? I've also had a few daytime images come out in Night Vision mode - which seems strange?

Any help/advice welcome - thanks.