HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What caliber? This is the end of it
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2017, 03:01 PM
hunters_life
Typical Buck

Oldtimr I have had my unfair share of armed conflicts. Both in war as well as civilian. I 100% agree with you that it is a different thing altogether than paper training. But there are many training programs out there that can be utilized that can effectively train our police officers to a much higher competency. I have no clue as to what agency you trained with or where, but I can tell you without a doubt that your training and qualifying program is by far not the norm. I can lump most of them in because I have worked with many all over the country. And a few around the world.
Nomercy448, you are damn well right I hold them to higher expectations. As well should you and everyone else of the public of this country. They are the ones putting themselves in the situations of dealing with criminals. I hold myself to a much higher expectation because of my business. If I have to open fire to protect my client, you can bet I am shooting with accuracy and not a hope and a prayer like most officers. I would expect every single firearm carrying police officer in this country to hold themselves up to the same expectations I do for myself. Train diligently so that muscle memory can take over in that oh chit moment. Sure, ammo costs and training time costs money. But what is that police officers life worth? Or better yet, what is your wife's and kids lives worth? What happens if they are out in public and one of those pitifully trained officers gets in a gun fight with a criminal. I'd bet you everything I own that you will be hoping and praying she isn't close enough to catch one of those 80% rounds that seemingly just disappear off in never never land.