HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - An update on my 1911 .45 ACP (Rock Island Armory - from the Philippines)
Old 06-28-2017, 05:36 AM
ButchA
Giant Nontypical

Default An update on my 1911 .45 ACP (Rock Island Armory - from the Philippines)

Many of you have shot the venerable, timeless classic, .45 ACP from military bootcamp days, or LEO days, etc...

I wanted to share a little update on my full size Rock Island Armory 1911 "Rock Series", that was made in the Philippines and distributed through Pahrump, Nevada.

I now have roughly 400-450 rounds through it, and it STILL hasn't jammed or had any FTF, FTE, magazine problems, yada yada yada... Just amazing perfection and flawless performance, out of an inexpensive 1911 ($430 bucks from Bud's Gun Shop in KY)!!!

Les Baer, Kimber, Colt, Springfield Armory, etc... all make fantastic 1911 .45 ACP's and things like that. Now don't get me wrong - they are all top quality, but cost THREE TIMES the price of my Rock Island Armory! ...just sayin'

Here is an updated photo that I took after I got a nice pair of custom made checkered grips with the USCG logo, and made out of waterproof Teak. I love them!

Lastly, and very very recent (this past weekend!), this is a scan of one of the targets from out at the outdoor range, shot at 12 yards. Sorry about the two shots low and left... Probably did something stupid, and not focusing on the front sight, keeping my head still, etc...

In closing, who else has a 1911 .45 ACP?

Last edited by ButchA; 06-30-2017 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Fixed a typo or two...