HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Interesting and well written article.
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2017, 05:13 AM
Gm54-120
Giant Nontypical

37 days of hunting any deer compared to our 11 day and another 11 day for ML AFTER all firearms are over.

I think i would rather have the 37 day free for all vs mine. We use the same tags for both. We dont get any extra deer during our ML deer season. Ive probably hunted the firearms season with a ML more than ive hunted it with a CF.

Anytime i want to hunt primitive i could put in for a managed hunt and almost certainly get a tag for it. Those hunts get a tiny fraction of the applications that the "any" ML hunts get.

As far as the NMLRA, just try to be competitive with a off the shelf sidelock. The long range events are dominated by $2000+ customs that "look" primitive. I cant say there is very much primitive about a platinum nippled Badger barreled Gibbs clone or the plethora of multi thousand dollar rifles at the long range events.

The "old guard" at the NMLRA are terrified of a inline that cost half as much and shooting just as well or better as their so called "primitives".