HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Scopes on Muzzleloaders... For or Against?
Old 06-10-2017, 03:11 AM
alleyyooper
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Scoped or not should be up to the hunter if legal in their state. I can't even fathom why any one would want to fight the scope non scope question, as it should just be up to the hunter just as it is the modern rifle.

Where should the line be drawn when it comes to primitive, Here in the Americans was mostly bows non boughten before the May flower landed. Should that be where the line is drawn every one hunting the primitive season with a self made bow and arrows tipped with flint.

Or may draw the line some where in the late 1600's where many of the fire arms were flint lock or wheel lock and smooth bore.

Then again because some see the beautiful Kentucky type long rifles as where the primitive line should be drawn to include in the mid to late 1700's.

Got to be careful when you draw the line in the 1800;s be cause percussion rifles of several designs came along. Under hammers, and the first inlines 1836 started showing up. By the mid 1800's scopes on rifles also were introduced to shooters, Ah many were for military use but still could be bought by a private indivigal.

Way I see it is when the season is a primitive season people want the line drawn so it suits them and excludes all others.

PA. has the right Idea way I see it a primitive season for all up to and including inlines with BP subistutes. Then the flint lock season for that type of hunter.

Or like Michigan call it muzzle loading season and it is legal to use any type of rifle that is muzzle loading and/or a bow even. Let the hunter chose which time period rifle they wish to use.

When you try to pass laws to exclude some hunters from some seasons because you view the rifle they wish to use to new your working right along with the ANTI HUNTERS.

Get rid if the inline hunters first, Then the percussion hunters Next stop the flintlock hunters then it is easy to put a stop to bow hunting also. Soon the ANTI'S WIN.

Al