HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Scopes on Muzzleloaders... For or Against?
Old 06-01-2017, 03:46 AM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander
I have 2 muzzle loaders. One is a TC side lock percussion cap 54 with open sights and the other is a TC 50 cal in line with a scope. I have taken deer with both and enjoy each one on its own merits. Times are changing and as the hunting population gets older some rules have been changed to encourage people to hunt as they age. Many states have allowed scopes in the primitive season and the use of crossbows during bow to keep the seniors hunting. I don't have a problem with any of this so long as it is legal where it is done.
well I sure agree times have changed LOL

But I DON"T think they changed any rules to help older hunters out,
they allow things like X bows and inlines, to get more modern folks into hunting, as honestly, folks today DON"T have the desire to hunt as they once did, as in ALL things today, they want EASY, or as easy as can be,
and hunter numbers are dropping, so there opening up more ways to TRY and get younger folks into the sport.
I am pretty sure most OLDER hunters that have been life long hunters, ain't going any where , till they cannot hunt any more,
so NEW scopes on inlines and such,(think allowing AR's and X bows in more and more places too, and I don't have any real issue's here with that stuff either)
I just doubt is really for the older hunters at all, its about, TRYING to get new hunters more reasons to hunt today!
Hunting is a business, and they are trying to generate more business, plain and simple, more seasons, more lic fee's they can collect, and HOPE to get more hunters in as well, which also means more lic sales, and I hope, what keeps hunting around for a long time.

but again, I don't think any of this has crap to do with caring about older hunters here?? ITS just more money and trying to keep the game going!