HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Picture and score post
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2017, 02:59 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Default Purely My Fault - Blame me!

Originally Posted by RPD63
I agree with both Superstrutter and Bornagain, pictures should be required. But...it's not in the rules. Maybe the rules need to be revamped. What is in this years rules is spring birds only but, as Bornagain was referring to, fall birds were allowed to be interred in this years contest. I don't remember that happening in the past.
If you look at the archives, pictures with tape measured Spurs and beards were required not too many years ago.
Why did that rule go away?
Just my opinions. Overall, it's been a pretty aggravating season with all the no shows on team 1...probably the other teams experienced this as well.
Required Pictures was stated in the past contest rules and how this clause got dropped I have no idea - want to blame somebody blame me. I missed that and should not have.

I want to thank SS and Arrowmaster for running this contest. While I was on the committee - I virtually was useless.
I have been part of this contest well over 10 yrs maybe more - I should have taken more interest but did not and so the negative comments clearly fall on my shoulders.
This contest had always been on an honor system. We the Contest Committee were offered various prizes over the years but declined those offers. Prizes of any value is not a way to hunt in our thinking.

Winning this contest was purely for bragging rights only. We set it up in several ways. One best bird per hunter on a team, Total birds per team member on a team as some of us hunt more than others can. And then best bird per sub-specie

Some portions was dropped as scoring is very time consuming.

I have yrs of contest data I have kept. I have met some very fine people because of this contest. A few I actually hunted with. One in particular I dearly miss and may get to hunt with him again in some heavenly place! Least I hope so.
And two whom I still stay in contact with I have never met face to face - Yet - or hunted with yet ....Maybe someday.

But I will be stepping away from this contest and ask if you want to make this contest better step up and share your ideas. Volunteer to help.

Dave.....JW