HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - new cva
Thread: new cva
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2017, 11:35 AM
bronko22000
Boone & Crockett

Gentlemen (and others) lets not get into a pi$$ing contest over this. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and we can leave it at that before someone says something that will likely get them banned.
As for my opinion for what its worth I have no problems with CVA or their CS. I haven't have any problems at all with mine. My Accura is probably more accurate than I can shoot it and so far everything I shot with it was not able to complain.
I did call their CS because the small O-ring on my Accura's firing pin bushing got buggered up I guess when I reassembled it an wasn't paying attention. I asked for a shim kit but none were available. The man asked for my address and sent me about 10 O-rings free of charge and told me the shim kits would be in stock in about a month. I called again and whoever I spoke to looked up my address and sent me a shim kit - again free of charge.
He told me the reason the shim kits were made up is that early in production some of the receiver's firing pin bushings were mill out a few thousands too deep causing the face of the bushing to be below the face of the receiver. He cautioned me that the shims were not to be used to press fit the primer in the BP and only so the bushing was flush with the receiver face.