HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - new cva
Thread: new cva
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2017, 10:22 AM
Gm54-120
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by hunters_life
Well, from hearing the old man rail against CVA for years and after doing about 10 minutes of online research, I have come to the conclusion that Spain won't allow them to sell the cheap crap barrels there. Only export. Spain requires proof testing that CVA doesn't do enough of. You would think with all the safety hoops companies here have to jump through, that imported barrels would have to jump through the same hoops. Sadly that is not a fact. Even though CVA stamps all their barrels as proofed, only a small percentage are actually proof tested. As to the question of Knight or Thompson Center dealers in Spain, can you show me a dealer in most any European country that deals in American made firearms? I would guess very few, if any, exist. European militaries may flock to us because our military rifles tend to be top notch. But as far as hunting firearms, it is really hard to beat European quality made firearms. Most all of our actions are based on European designs.
Look at the link i posted for the Ardesa, They sell Remington rifles. USA made centerfires are not uncommon at all in Europe.

All rifles sold in the "Euro" union must comply with CIP regulations or higher. That includes MLs. If they dont they can only be built and sold for export to non CIP regulated countries.

Last edited by Gm54-120; 05-28-2017 at 10:26 AM.