HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What are some of your concerns?
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2017, 06:30 PM
chris599
Spike

Hello,

Oldtimr I think you misunderstood my post. While it seems like you think my goal is to teach new found hunters all the information that is gained throughout a lifetime of hunting at once, it is not. In order to sustain the future of hunting, some things need to change. These days, the percent of hunters is on the decline and in order to change this we need to make it easier for people to become hunters. I do not want to change what it takes to get a hunters safety license. I rather focus on giving people who may not have a father, grandfather, or uncle (or any family member) that can teach them the immense amount of knowledge that is required to become a good hunter, a better chance of finding this information on their own. I know a few people who have had interest in hunting while not having a family connection with hunting and after going through hunter education, were very frustrated because they still didn't have a good idea on where and how to hunt. I would like to provide a easier gateway for people like this to get into hunting. Doing this by making certain information readily available such as; where to hunt, how to hunt, how to prepare wild game, equipment needs, etc. So hopefully I can get some valuable input on what would make a new hunters transition easier while assuming they don't have a good mentor to teach them all of this valuable information. The goal is to find new (or enhance) ideas to help hunters better their knowledge on hunting.