HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New Jersey Bears
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2017, 09:17 AM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

Nice pic;'s thanks for posting,
BUT those are last yr's cubs most likely, one's this yr this time of yr would be a LOT smaller, and NOT that big!

I have two females here with cubs this yr
one with 3 and one with 2, and both litters are about a 1/3 the size of these.
I also have a TON of bear experience as well, been working off and on with them for the past 25+ yrs, from trapping, tagging and relocating them and handling them, plus I get a LOT here at my place(22 different one's last yr) so, I am pretty good with bears and sizes!
Still super cool to see bears in your pic's
but a just a litte info on them cubs for you!
here are some of this yrs, sorry not many pic's, been lacking on getting cam's going and or taking them when there here!

this is a 3.5 yr old or so female with her first litter, one is a runt to the other, bigger one is a male, smaller one is a female , she is right now about 180 lbs or so, and she was at about 275 before she denned up last winter,

Last spring she was hit by a car and had a compound fracture on her right rear foot/ankle,
wasn't sure she was going to ever get full use of things, but over the winter it seemed to heal up nicely, she can now AGAIN< climb tree's something she couldn;t do at all last yr,

I am lucky I get to see many bears here grow from small to adults, oldest one I have here has been dropping by for 16 yrs now,
loves my clover food plots and fruit tree's, he's about 600 lbs, last time I seen him!
Attached Images