HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Whistle pigs.
Thread: Whistle pigs.
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2017, 06:39 PM
alleyyooper
Nontypical Buck

Talking Whistle pigs.

Got a call from a big dairy farmer who asked if we could come and take care of some whistle pigs in his alfalfa field. Said he counted 20 in 3 different 30 acre fields.

I called Dean My partner draw for the week. Dean is rather worried as he was with me when I fell last year and ripped open my knee surgery insistion and all the blood I was loosing unnerved him. Asked if I had my back pack handy with all the stuff I needed to do self surgery in the field. CLOWN I think, no I know.

Met Dean at his place and loaded his gear in my PU and drove to the farm and met John and Mikie. Got Mikie's side by side unloaded and the clowns brought out my emergency kit. Box of band aids from the little ones for a scratch to the 4 inch wide ones. A 50 foot roll of gauze and tape, 2 maxi pads and a ace bandage roll. Dean said that if I got to bleeding like last time to use one of the maxi pads and the ace bandage to hold it in place. A bottle of peroxide and another of alcohol, some mucurcomb, Small bottle of aspirin.

Once the funny stuff was over with we set out to put a dent in the whistle pigs. Mikie did good with a 222 mag getting 5 of the furry buggers, Dean had his New Ruger 204 and did his fair share of reducing the population. All total we got 16 of them. went to Johns when we finished and cleaned them. We donated 10 of them to a family in need and the remaining 6 we divided up between our selves.

Al