HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Has anyone else tried bowhunting, but didn't enjoy it all that much?
Old 05-10-2017, 04:30 AM
flags
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Hatfield Hunter
Flags that is sad, I mean no ill will to you, If I had the same emotion as you towards hunting I would turn to something else.
Why is it sad and what makes you think I have no emotion towards hunting? When did hunting for meat become a bad thing? That is hunting in its purest form. Why do you think a mountain lion hunts? Why did the Native Americans hunt? They hunted to eat, which is exactly what I do.

When I am hunting my entire purpose is putting meat on the ground. I am focused like a laser to make that happen. I pay attention to all that is around me: the wind, the sounds, the other animals etc... in order to find my sought quarry. Filling the freezer is how my wife and I eat. An empty tag does me no good and I don't waste a single scrap of edible meat. When I go deer hunting I am after food, hence it is basically grocery shopping. I base the success on steaks, roasts and burger. Antlers and skins no longer have any appeal to me. My bloodline is Arapaho and I have returned to hunting for the same purpose my ancestors did, to eat.

You call it sad, I call it honest.