HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Illinois Gun Owners sold out by RRA and SA
Old 05-04-2017, 01:11 PM
hunters_life
Typical Buck

After reading this article and the comments below it got me thinking a little bit. Some of the posters in the comments section seem to think this may be a ploy by SA and RRA to get this bill overturned in the courts. I tend to agree with them. You can't legally carve out the big box stores from this bill and keep the small business owners in it. Not legally anyway. Springfield and Rock River may just have foreseen this and allowed them to try getting it through with their so called blessings because they know it will get overturned in courts. That would ensure they would have to go through the whole process again from the beginning and it wouldn't pass muster with the big box stores being lumped in as it should be. Too many campaign dollars would go away. Once a bill gets passed but then shot down by the courts it makes it very difficult to get anything of it's like through again. Just my thoughts on this. I'm certainly no expert in the political arena. But before folks condem SA and RRA they may want to think ahead a little bit.