HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 4 The Rejects
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2017, 08:57 AM
Bible_Man
Nontypical Buck

Awesome work, fellas! You guys are killing it! I went out this past Friday and Saturday, and again got snake-bit. Heard one bird gobble two times Friday, but he was on private land close to the public that I was hunting. He went away from me with his harem, and never returned...I stayed in the area until about lunch time.

We were on birds most of Saturday...went the other way off the roost. Then we set up on a bird out in the middle of a field, but at the first sound of calling, he spooked off...so much pressure. Then we walked up on a bird, and ended up following him around for a while, but never could close the distance enough. It was a fun morning, but didn't end with a turkey in the truck. These birds I am hunting have been pressured so much, I believe that if I'm going to kill one, I'm gonna have to leave my calls in the truck, and happen to be where they plan to go before they get there. I've been trying to do that anyway, but they keep changing their minds about where they want to go!

Probably on 3-4 more hunts for me... I will continue to do my best to post a score.