HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Saddle for tree?
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 03:43 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by scottycoyote
on your treesaddle set up the thing to do was to put in a couple of tree steps at the height you ended up and it allowed you to stand up against them--stretch your legs etc, stopped you from just hanging and cutting off the circulation
wasn't MY idea on this, they werre commercially made and sold, MIGHT still be,
but they I think were targeting for use on public lands where screw in steps would be illegal in many places, BUT yes that would help things

but there sling also was designed so, shooter could swing about the tree to get from one side to another as game came in you make sure you had right angles or<, like if your a right hand shooter and deer came in over your RT shoulder, you could swing about tree and have it over left and make a easier shot then

NOT for me, I had good luck with good climbers and ladder stands over the yrs that work good enough for me

as a kid I just made my own out of TREE"S LOL as that's what we did back then, NOT the safest or strongest, but was the cheapest and easiest back then to make and set up??
Must have built a good 100+ of them all over PA yrs back HAHA!, some are still standing today too, but I woudn't call them safe or try to use, MOST ended up with metal ladder stands set up by others next to them it seems
seems a LOT of hunters find old treestand and set up camp there, thinking MUST be a GOOD SPOT< if a stand was HERE!
or like mind sets,