HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Fox den in my yard
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2017, 07:54 AM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

I have a fox pair(red) that have lived next to me about 4-5 yrs now, seen them raise several liters of pups, I have a ton of rabbits and squirrels and even turkeys here still

the foxes I see almost nightly in my yard,m cruising for a meal, be it a mole, or ??
never had a single issue with them here, prior to this pair, I always had grey foxes being the dominant color in this area, but since these moved in, they seemed to have run off the grey's as I never see them or get any trail cam pic's any more/

the red foxes seem WAY better at catching turkeys too..

Down a farm I managed, one yr, a red fox built a den next to a tree stand I had, and that sucker caught a turkey almost ever single day for over a month, there were so many legs and feet about and feathers it was crazy
and she was a rather laid back of a fox too, as I was bringing in a bunch of friends with there girlfriends to come and watch the pups, as they enjoyed seeing the little suckers, there are I admit pretty cute when there small!

and she would let us watch from about 50 yrds away as if we were not there, when nervous or?? she would run them into the den and hide, then come back out in a few minutes.
I say enjoy the show while you can, when food runs out, or pups grow up they move on, BUT IF food is plenty, I would expect you might get a re peat den again next spring!

just give them a buffer zone and all will be fine! not everyone gets to see these things, so again, enjoy it!