HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Fox den in my yard
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2017, 09:16 AM
d80hunter
Nontypical Buck

Default Fox den in my yard

I'm not sure where to post this because this is not a typical hunting situation. It has come to my attention that a Fox is living on my property. I live on 5 acres with a small pond that is across the creek opposite of my house.

A den is located somewhere next to the pond. On the far side of the pond is a 20 foot steep incline basically cut out of the earth. With the exposed bed rock there is some natural small caves on this steep incline. I know that this pond is man-made, not sure when it was made, and many animals have temporally made homes over my 10 years living here. So far skunks have been the animals I have taken care off.

From some quick online research foxes make dens in March-April and leave after the Kitts grow up. I am not the type to shoot every animal in my yard so I am planning on letting this go until they leave. UNLESS someone who has had big problems or knows someone who has had big problems with foxes.

I would rather observe their behavior, I am sure I will pick up on some things that will add to my predator hunting experience.