HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Leupold CDS for 444
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 01:24 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by flags
And the answer is NONE which is what I and several others clearly opined! For what he has and where he wants to hunt he doesn't need that scope and would be better off served with a fixed power. But since you're so adamant about this, by all means spend all your $$$ on a piece of gear you don't need. I don't really care. Happy now?
SO your answer is NONE< brilliant, that helps him pick a leupold scope out for what he wanted??
OR< maybe he already HAS some leupold scopes and just wanted to have that option added

and What's wrong with a 4x12, or 4x 14.5 scope?? you still get that 4x power you seem to love, I doubt anyone using a big lever gun is all that worried about a few extra OZ's of weight!
with your logic again, that is like saying there is NO reason anyone should EVER use a vari powered scope on , a BB gun, OR an X box, OR a Muzzleloader
as all them things will be used in MOST all cases at under 200 yards??
I personally think you have NO CLue what a CDS system is, and or adds to a scope
its JUST a option to HELP those that wish to be MORE accurate, than using a HOLD over idea!

heck there is a MANY folks that think a lever gun should be OPEN sights only too
??
there is a reason they make and sell better tools, maybe you are OLD and too willing to see the advantages of modern tools?
I don't know, I'm NOT you!

DO I feel better, ?? DO YOU?

you seem to be the one stirring the pot trying to Sell your VIEW !
a GOOD 4 power scope and a GOOD CDS scope isn;'t that HUGE a difference in costs, last one I bought I paid under 400 bucks, and I consider that money well spent on a good optic
that will last a life time??

SO< keep selling YOUR ONLY a 4x scope is needed!!

guess the scope company's should stop making others that can be FITTED on a big bore lever action gun??
as MAN the problems they must cause those that wish to put one on them!! must make them go nuts being more precise with shot placements??

HOW Much of a 4x scopes reticle ( first OR second plane reticle too)covers a target at 200 yards, and then how much on a 14 power one??
as JUST examples here, in case you never thought about this??

OR am I supposed to just say WELL ITS a BIG bore, a little off does't matter??
YES and NO
but but whats wrong with trying to be a good as you can, isn't that the goal to be as human as possible, and well, hate to bust your bubble, the more accurate you can be the better this works, ALSO helps you see more things like small twigs and such, you can MISS with a 4x??

HEY< after all its not YOU the guy wanted the scope for!

SO< stick this in your hat and call it what ever
I'm, done here
you keep your opinion, I will keep mine!