HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - accuracy question
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2017, 10:54 AM
BarnesAddict
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Grouse45
Most hand gun bullets obturate before leaving the casing. So thats not an issue at all.

Every bullet is different. A lead Deadcenter bullet will not slip near as much as a Knight Bloodline. The lead bullet will obturate much faster then any jacketed bullet or solid bullet. I personaly dont think a Bloodline bullet obturates at all. The brass is just way to hard so more slippage happens.

If you talk to some good long range accuracy guys with a ML they will all tell you the same thing using sabots. The arguement would be how much??? Like i said, i think 6 to 8 inches on jacketed bullets. A little less with lead. Remember im talking sabots not full bore bullets in a ML.
I didn't know we were talking cartridge handguns? I wasn't.

http://www.cva.com/CVA-Store-View.php?id=580

Those muzzleloading handguns only have a 14" barrel and that distance is shortened (maybe) by the length of the breech plug.

I shoot long range accurately, which you already know and have seen the target photos at 400 and 500yds.
After picking up thousands of fired sabots, I would never state that the sabot slipped 6-8" inches in the barrel before engaging the rifling.