HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Off Topic: Something Stinks at Scent-Lock
Old 04-10-2017, 12:17 PM
BarnesAddict
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by cayugad
What would be interesting to know is, how many of us have used Scent Lok or a similar product thinking it was going to help?
I learned over 50 years ago to pay attention to Rule #1, the wind. Rule #2 was to think about rule #1 again.

I've used Scent Lok and felt it.... "helped" ... once or twice, but I NEVER count on it, ever. Refer to rule #1 ALWAYS.

There's all kinds of science about what an animal can or can't see. Pretty much all can agree, movement they see the best.
They say deer see certain shades of UV more than others. I'm not an expert, so I have no clue. However if you really want to see what your camo "might" look like to an animal, go out after dark and take a photo of it with your IR game camera!

Another money grabbing item, are rubber boots that are supposed to keep you scent free. LOL Rinse them off real good, walk across a field to your tree stand, then watch what happens if a deer crosses your track.