HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I finally bought one Pictures added
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2017, 02:30 PM
Champlain Islander
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by flags
I'm coming into this a little late. Had me an unrequested "vacation" from the site for a few days. I inherited a Polaris ATV from my father when he passed. I've never driven it and it has not been out of the garage or even off the trailer since he left us in 2013. Personally I hate the things and as long as I can get around to hunt on shank's mare and foot leather I have no use for one. Seriously thinking about sending Dad's down the road to one of his grandsons but he had 3 and choosing 1 could lead to family issues.
The ATV is just a tool and some find a use for many things. I suspect you don't own much acreage because to work on the land a wheeler is invaluable. Kind of like a tractor to a farmer. Using one to hunt...IMO not that big a draw but for people who don't want to put much into it then I guess it is something they would use. To use one to draw out a deer for someone who is beyond the youth years is just plain smart. Just a tool and a Polaris is a nice machine flags. If your Dad liked it then so will you. It sounds like you were from the same tree. Just my opinion of course.