HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Semi Auto not approved for PA Big Game
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2017, 11:36 AM
Oldtimr
Boone & Crockett

Barns there are many many populated areas in the state that are not archery only, there is no state law for archery only, any archery only areas are mandated by landowners. I live in the suburbs, there are farms all around the development I live in and there are other developments. During goose season I hear quite a bit of shooting, both morning and evening. There was a law passed to protect gun clubs from being closed down because of noise complaints if they were in existence before the area got developed, that law has protected several gun clubs where people were trying to get them closed down by the township for noise. I am not going to argue this issue, I explained why we do not have Sunday hunting, perhaps there are some things that could be done if the general assembly wanted to but if you read my previous post I explained why they won't to date. I would not approve of hunting on public land only because that would put all the hunting pressure on State Game Lands, State Parks and State forest land is not controlled by the PGC and easily could not open their land. Additionally I would oppose hunting on land you own only on Sunday because you may own the land but you don't own the game on it and that would not be fair to other license buyers that don't own huntable land. Everyone thinks they have an easy solution, but they don't, as I said earlier, those who want Sunday hunting have their own selfish reasons for wanting it, and those who don't have their own selfish reasons for not wanting it. The bottom line is, the general assembly is the only entity that can do it. Times change and sometimes things change but I would not look for this to change very soon because the general assembly has been very consistent on this issue for a long time. Just so you understand, I am not defending it, I am simply saying why it is, because Bronco asked me to. It does not bother me, for me, it has always been this way and I have hunted for almost 6 decades and I have more hunting opportunities now than I ever did before. For me, if it happens it happens, if it doesn't, it doesn't, I am probably in the minority. The only thing I would care about is that it happens over the board, not just for some or Game Lands only, all or nothing.