HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Semi Auto not approved for PA Big Game
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2017, 01:16 PM
Oldtimr
Boone & Crockett

I will say there are no reasons that you agree with but there are reasons. Having been involved with every attempt to pass a Sunday hunting law for 33 years I can tell you that the public comment against was far and away against it. Sunday hunting is not a call for the PA Game Commission, it is necessary for the general assembly to pass a law allowing Sunday hunting for things other than Coyotes, foxes and Crows and game birds on non commercial regulated hunting grounds. If and when the general assembly does pass a law allowing Sunday hunting the PGC will then have to pass regulations regarding the same. The problem is, many people involved in the public access programs who open their land to public hunting are opposed to Sunday hunting and many would drop out of the public access programs if Sunday hunting happened. The general assembly is responsible to all people in the state when it comes to passing laws and they are very aware of the opposition to Sunday hunting and the PGC is not only responsible to hunters but to all citizens as well when they pass regulations and they take public comment from all walks of life in it's citizenry. As for me, I know why we do not have Sunday hunting for big game and small game and the fact of the matter is It does not bother me, I grew up hunting 6 days a week and adding Sunday now won't matter much, in fact I doubt I would hunt with the exception of possibly our regulated hunting ground on our sportsman's club. The thing is, this is all about whose ox is being gored, those whomopposes it have their reasons and those who favor it have theirs. If it does come down to loosing large blocks of public access should Sunday hunting pass I would lean with the status quo because of the hunters who would lose the places they hunt now. I suspect it will happen one day, however I think it will be later rather than sooner. Of course, I was wrong once.